Now that you are admitted, below are your next steps to begin your academic career at SCC:
- Summer Admits (for enrollment beginning in June): Online Orientation, as well as Advising and Registration sign-up, are now available.
- Fall Admits (for enrollment beginning in August): Online Orientation, as well as Advising and Registration sign-up, are now available.
- Spring Admits (for enrollment beginning in January): Online Orientation and the Advising and Registration sign-up will be available in October.
Complete these important tasks in the order listed:
- Your STAR ID is the username you'll need to login and maintain your academic record (example: ac1234cd).
- If you have not activated your STAR ID or you have forgotten it or your password, visit https://starid.minnstate.edu.
- Your STAR ID and password are used to complete the online orientation, register for classes, and to log in to a variety of services.
- Online Orientation
- Accuplacer (Due to COVID-19, Accuplacer is not being offered at this time)
- Course placement will be determined by standardized test scores and transfer work. If additional information is needed, you will be contacted.
- Text Messaging - Turn on text messaging in e-Services to receive important reminders and communications from SCC. See instructions in the sidebar of this page.
If you would like to forward your SCC email to a personal email account:
- Log in to your SCC email
- Click on "Settings" at the top right of the page
- Type "Forwarding" in the search box and follow the instructions.
- Advising and Registration Session
Schedule your Advising and Registration Session. During this session, you will meet with your faculty and/or academic advisor to discuss your program and register for classes.
- Select your campus and major
- Select a date that fits your schedule
- Complete the online reservation form
- Apply for Financial Aid at www.fafsa.gov
By completing a FAFSA (Free Application to Federal Student Aid) you will secure your course registration and be allowed to charge your textbooks and school supplies through the college bookstore each term.
Attend Welcome Week’s Start-Up the week before each semester begins. This event is for all SCC students.